Chefchaouen, a small town in northern Morocco, has a rich history, beautiful natural surroundings and wonderful architecture, but what it’s most famous for are the striking and vivid blue walls of many of the buildings in its “old town” sector, or medina.
The maze-like medina sector, like those of most of the other towns in the area, features white-washed buildings with a fusion of Spanish and Moorish architecture. The brilliantly blue walls, however, seem to be unique to Chefchaouen. They are said to have been introduced to the town by Jewish refugees in 1930, who considered blue to symbolize the sky and heaven. The color caught on, and now many also believe that the blue walls serve to repel mosquitoes as well (mosquitoes dislike clear and moving water).
Whatever the reason, the town’s blue walls attract visitors who love to wander the town’s narrow streets and snap some beautiful photos.
- Sir Jeffers: Rebecca, you are the prettiest girl in Brookyln
- Rebecca: Thank you Sir Jeffers
- Sir Jeffers: Will you accompany me to the mysterious wedding today?
- Rebecca: No
- Sir Jeffers: But- But- Rebecca! I love you!
- Rebecca: I... love you too
- Sir Jeffers: I loovvvvve you! Marry me Rebecca!
- Rebecca: No.
- Sir Jeffers: WHY!?
- Rebecca: I- I don't love you! Whoopsies!
- Sir Jeffers: Rebecaaaaaa! *sneeze*
- Rebecca: I am in love with another
- Sir Jeffers: WHO IS THIS MAAAN?!
- Rebecca: He. Is. You.
- Sir Jeffers: *gasp* I love you! Marry me Rebecca!
- Rebecca: No.
- Sir Jeffers: Rebecaaaaa!
- Rebecca: I am in love with your brother
- Sir Jeffers: CHAD?! I'll kill him when I find him!
- Chad: He will fight.. YOU!
- Sir Jeffers and Rebecca: Chad!?
- Chad: The mysterious wedding has been our wedding all along! Rebecca and I are getting wed at the wedding today! YOU are not invited. Will you be my best man?
- Sir Jeffers: Of course brother! Ihateyousomuch
- Chad: Goodbye brother! I'll see you at the bachelor party!
- Rebecca: Goodbye Sir Jeffers! Iwillalwaysloveyou
- Sir Jeffers: *whispered* Rebecca...